Copyright: wavebreakmediamicro / 123RF Stock Photo
Do you have a customer loyalty rewards program in place? If not, you need to implement one and pronto, if your goal is to increase your revenue and build your brand. If you do, that's great! But now it's time to turn your customer loyalty program into a mobile loyalty program. Yes, we know that sounds like a lot of work, but it doesn't have to be. We are going to go over the three major benefits of taking your loyalty program mobile and the one quick and easy way to let it fly without having to spend endless hours trying to keep it going.
There are plenty of benefits that come from taking your loyalty program to the next level by making it mobile, and here are just a few.
1. Increased Everything
Your new mobile loyalty program will increase customer spending, because people are more likely to frequent your business, if you reward them for doing so. Additionally, a customer loyalty program will also increase the frequency of your existing customer visits, especially when you are sending out push notifications to their mobile devices to connect with them while they are on the go.
Business owners state that when surveying their existing customers about their satisfaction with a particular rewards program the majority said they loved the program and that a rewards program significantly influences their decision about where to spend their money. Additionally, with access to device data, you can learn where and when your customers make their purchases, which in turn will help you custom design your rewards program so that it's geared towards their preferences and this will make all your mobile loyalty programs more successful.
2. Mobile Loyalty Programs Are More Cost Effective
Mobile loyalty programs are much easier to manage and are more cost effective than paper-based loyalty programs, because they require less operational management and therefore cost less to implement. And the best way to take advantage of this method is to look at what your competitors are doing and find a way to do it better by making it uniquely your own.
3. Reduces Loyalty Program Fatigue
How many loyalty cards do you carry around with you? If you are like most people, probably quite a few. And quite frankly, people are getting tired of carrying around all those cards, let alone keeping track of them all. Eventually, with the paper method, people will get so tired of carrying bunches of cards that they will just stop using them altogether. Well, that's where a mobile loyalty program picks up the pieces and shines.
Almost everyone on the planet has a mobile device and uses that device to manage every aspect of their daily lives. So it completely makes sense to make your loyalty program mobile. This will eliminate the need for your customers to carry around yet another loyalty card. And once your rewards program is on their mobile device, there's nothing more for them to do. Your mobile customer loyalty program has just made doing business with you quicker, easier and much more convenient and your customers will take notice!
How To Implement A Hands Off Mobile Customer Loyalty Program
Well, now that you are convinced going mobile with your loyalty program is a good idea, you are probably wondering exactly how you can go about doing just that, without it taking up endless hours of your time. And that can be easily explained in just one word–Automation!
Yep, gone are the days of old where you had to do everything manually, including your mobile marketing tasks. You can now do your mobile marketing via automation software. Here's how it works:
- Put together a customer loyalty campaign
- Use your store signage, local advertisements and other print collateral, such as: fliers, cups, napkins, business cards or anything else to publicize the specified mobile keyword and the QR code that was generated specifically for your rewards program, and the automation will do the rest.
- You can set the software to track your customers' behaviors, such as which customer's have visited recently and which ones haven't and how many of them visited after sending them a coupon or discount offer. And a quality automation software will allow you to setup interactive prompts to help you effectively communicate with your customers to get their opinion about what they want via a voting campaign, survey or some other means of gathering information.
- Another great benefit of using automation software is the that fact that a quality software will give you access to graphs and reports showing you how many new customers, repeat customers, as well as the total number of customers you have acquired due to the efforts of your new mobile loyalty program. Additionally, the software will also show you at a glance how many customer points have been earned and how many have been redeemed. It doesn't get much easier than that!
The Bottom Line
Taking your loyalty program mobile will more than likely end up being the best marketing decision you've ever made. And it's one that will give you more free time to concentrate on other revenue producing tasks. So what are you waiting for? Jump on the automated mobile marketing wave, and once you've seen just how easy it can be you will never want to look back!